1. Domine Dominus noster quam admirabile est nomen tuum in universa terra quoniam elevata est magnificentia tua super caelos 1. O Lord, our Lord, how admirable is Your name in the whole earth! For Your magnificence is elevated above the heavens.
2. Ex ore infantium et lactantium perfecisti laudem propter inimicos tuos ut destruas inimicum et ultorem 2. Out of the mouth of babes and of infants You have perfected praise because of Your enemies, that You may destroy the enemy and the avenger.
3. Quoniam videbo caelos tuos opera digitorum tuorum lunam et stellas quae tu fundasti 3. When I consider Your heavens, the works of Your fingers: the moon and the stars which You have founded,
4. Quid est homo quod memor es eius aut filius hominis quoniam visitas eum 4. What is man that You are mindful of him? Or the son of man that You visit him?
5. Minuisti eum paulo minus ab angelis gloria et honore coronasti eum 5. You have made him a little less than the angels, You have crowned him with glory and honour:
6. Et constituisti eum super opera manuum tuarum 6. and have set him over the works of Your hands.
7. Omnia subiecisti sub pedibus eius oves et boves universas insuper et pecora campi 7. You have subjected all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen: moreover the beasts also of the fields.
8. Volucres caeli et pisces maris qui perambulant semitas maris 8. The birds of the air, and the fishes of the sea, that pass through the paths of the sea.
9. Domine Dominus noster quam admirabile est nomen tuum in universa terra 9. O Lord, our Lord, how admirable is Your name in all the earth!